The NCAA basketball finals between San Diego State and the University of Connecticut served up the lowest rated ever NCAA Men’s basketball final.
Viewers in the tune of 14.693 million watched the SDSU/UConn championship. Of note, this game was more watched than any NBA Championship finals game last year.
Want to know what are the most watched NCAA men’s basketball finals games ever. View the list below.
Top 10 highest-rated men’s NCAA finals basketball games
Here are the top 10 highest-rated men’s NCAA finals basketball games based on Nielsen ratings:
- 1979: Magic Johnson and Michigan State vs. Larry Bird and Indiana State – 24.1 rating
- 1992: Duke vs. Michigan – 20.5 rating
- 1993: North Carolina vs. Michigan – 19.5 rating
- 1982: North Carolina vs. Georgetown – 18.6 rating
- 1983: North Carolina State vs. Houston – 18.1 rating
- 1999: Connecticut vs. Duke – 17.2 rating
- 1991: Duke vs. Kansas – 16.6 rating
- 1989: Michigan vs. Seton Hall – 16.2 rating
- 1997: Arizona vs. Kentucky – 15.6 rating
- 1987: Indiana vs. Syracuse – 15.0 rating
It’s important to note that these ratings reflect viewership in the United States and may not reflect global viewership.
Want to watch some basketball on TV? View the NBA TV schedule to find out when your favorite player or team is playing.